Creality CR-6 SE Resources
The community has put out a lot of good content on the CR-6 SE, which we are proud to share and give credit for. We have gathered the best resources at one spot for fellow CR-6 SE users.
The community has made and is maintaining an incredible firmware suite, covering most use cases. If you're not sure which to get, and have no mods yet, check the FAQ section "How do I know if I have a Creality v4.5.2 or v4.5.3 motherboard?" to find out which mainboard version you have, most likely either "CR6Comm-CF6-Final-cr6-se-v4.5.2....bin" or "CR6Comm-CF6-Final-cr6-se-v4.5.3....bin".
Help, get help from, and participate in discussions with fellow users! There's some overlap, feel free to join 'em all!
How to flash Firmware on the CR-6 SE
Occasionally, new firmwares come with new assets and a separate firmware for the touchscreen, which MUST be flashed together. This will be noted in the releases.
- Turn off the printer.
- Load the firmware file (.bin) onto your SD card root directory.
- Insert the SD card into the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- You should see "Creality" with a progress bar. Simply wait for it to complete!
- If there are prompts asking to reset EEPROM, we recommend going with "YES".
- If it came with accompanying touchscreen firmware, watch this video by Creality (Ender 3 V2 depicted, but procedure is identical).
How to best level my bed?
Leveling the CR-6 SE is a breeze! There aren't even springs to manually adjust! Simply turn it on, and use the "Level > Run Automatic Bed Leveling". Give it a few minutes to heat up (to compensate for expansion, etc.), and it'll probe a 5x5 mesh on your bed, and save it to your EEPROM. All done!