How to Flash Firmware on 3D Printers
This guide applies to most Marlin-supported 3D Printers, including our Sapphire Plus, Ender 3 V2, and CR-6 SE.
- Turn off the printer
- Load your firmware.bin (some printers are fussy about exact names of the file, e.g. the Sapphire plus = robin_nano35.bin) onto your SD card root directory
- Insert the SD card into the printer
- Turn on the printer
- Wait for the loading to reach 50% or 100%
- If you are prompted to Clear/Initialize EEPROM, select "YES"
- You may have to calibrate the touch screen, just follow instructions on screen
- Auto-home your printer. If all works, you are done!
- If any of the axes do not move, you may have flashed a firmware meant for a different version of your mainboard (common with Creality printers). In case this happens, simply repeat above steps with the other version.